Friday, April 26, 2013

Mimi to the Third Power

I have had a post floating around in my head about the halcyon days I am living for some time now.  That post will have to wait a little bit longer.  I am overwriting it with this one about some of my more particular blessings....

After a tough patch - which, if you have been reading this blog, you know about - 2012 started bringing in some rather pronounced blessings.

Even while the difficult period still lingered, my younger son got married early in the year.  My dear husband and I took a long awaited and much needed vacation out West (which was a blast!)  My beautiful, precious granddaughter was born.  She carries as her middle name my mother's name, which lends an additional  sweetness to her arrival to we three sisters. We took a trip up to NJ to meet her and visit the little family. Bless her then little colicky heart!  Alleluia she is not plagued with colic any more!  My older son got married.  That brought us as well a 4 year old grandson.  So funny - 4 is quite an age.  Oh - did I mention that both my daughters-in-law are lovely women.  Not just outside, INSIDE.  My sons seem settled and happy.  This year it continues.  Troy, Elisa, and Annachiara came for a visit. My newest grandson was born a week ago. 

Annachiara -- now just shy of 8 months old.  She seems like a happy little baby girl, prone to giggling and shining brightly out of her sweet little face.  Her sweet little dimpled face.  Oooh - mama and papa - watch out for those little mischief dimples.

Tristan - 4 years old and full of curiosity and, as my mom used to say, "pus and vinegar".  He has excellent communication skills, and a sweet nature.  He is, of course, 4 years old which also means he will try you to the maximum extent of his persuasive skills and charm.  Ah, well do I remember having to chastise my own two and then leaving the room to laugh so as NOT to okay unacceptable behavior.  They are so funny at 4.

Luca - So tiny and dear, this little guy who has his daddy's miniaturized face - and worried look.  Wow - a week old today!

I also have two granddaughters in waiting.  My dear husband's oldest daughter is planning on wedding soon enough (or not soon enough) and will bring me a 12 year old and a 10 year old as granddaughters -  Angelina and Makinzie.  We are starting to get to know them a bit at a time and I can not help but reflect how amusing it is that all ages and stages are covered sort of at once.  That is, from diapers to ballet recitals (soon) and such.  From "football" (which really means "chase me, chase me") and hide and go seek in the back yard to "lady luncheons" and girly movies to cuddle time with infants in arms all within the same week even.

I am so grateful for so many blessings.  I am grateful for even those very difficult times which God turns into blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment